[Public-List] Custom Gaskets

John Riley jriley at dsbscience.com
Thu Dec 1 13:02:36 PST 2011

George Dinwiddie wrote:
> You can also get industrial gasket material by looking under "gaskets"
> in the yellow pages. If you can use scraps, you can probably get it
> pretty cheap.  We've got a strip of 1/8" thick neoprene behind the
> coamings.
>
>  - George

Also, a visit to the local tire shop will likely yield some old truck
tire inner tubes...when I tried this, they gave them to me free of
charge, but I had to dig through the pile for what I wanted.  They said
I could take two, and you get a TON of 'gaskets' out of two 18 wheeler
inner tubes.

--
John S. Riley
S/V Gaelic Sea