[Public-List] Rudder Shoe

Greg Bover gregbover at cbfisk.com
Sun Dec 11 05:54:21 PST 2011

Mine was showing wear as well. The hole in the shoe had become oval, a
little less than 1/2" x 5/8" for a 7/16 pintle. I bought a sintered
oil-filled bronze bushing from MSC, 7/16 ID, 5/8 OD, it cost about $8. I
bored out the shoe on a drill press, pressed in the new bearing, cleaned up
the pintle with crocus cloth and it now fits nicely.

Greg Bover
Frances Fitch
Linnet #114
Gloucester

On 12/5/11 12:19 AM, gregr at nethere.com wrote:
> My rudder has picked up a little slop. I just did a couple hundred miles
> with 5'-8' seas; some of it while running more canvas than I should
have...
> I'm guessing that I've damaged it. Does anyone have a line on a
replacement?

Gregory R. Bover
VP Operations, Project Manager
C. B. Fisk, Inc