[Public-List] SALSA

John Riley jriley at dsbscience.com
Sat Dec 17 17:02:46 PST 2011

Gordon Laco wrote:
> With regard to other circumnavigators - actually Yves is the only one I know
> about who did it in an A30.

According to this page,

http://bluewaterboats.org/alberg-30/,

"The 30-footer has many circumnavigations to its credit, the perhaps the
most notable being that of Yves Gelinas"

The problem is where are they documented?  I KNOW I read about a Kiwi
doing the solo circle, but that was several years ago (that I read it),
and unfortunately I can remember neither details nor where I read it.

Don't know if he completed the circumnavigation, but
http://www.canadianyachting.ca/boat-reviews/sail/26-alberg-30-sail-boat-review
   says

" John Hollands, who has contributed to CY in the past, made it to New
Zealand from Toronto. "

Whether he finished the circle or not, that's still quite a trip!

--
John S. Riley
S/V Gaelic Sea