[Public-List] SALSA - Captain von Muller

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Sun Dec 18 08:32:36 PST 2011

Wonderful that there is a circumnavigation underway in the venerable A-30

I second David's comments and Gord's comment.

A few years ago we were having dinner aboard Sunstone with the Cameron's
(Rough Bounds) who were anchored near by. Ron's wife is German and her
friend was over for a visit and cruise with them and joined us for dinner.
Inevitably the conversation drifted to the war and the friend made one of
those comments that truly rings in memory.

She said: "people talk about the allies liberating Europe tend to forget,
that they also liberated Germany."

A lot of Germans did not support the Nazi's. Later Chancellor, Willy Brant
fought the Nazi's in the resistance and there were over 36 assassination
attempts on the Fuhrer - at a terrible price for the conspirators. Pity one
of those wasn't successful. Could have save everyone a whole lot of bother
and lives.

I will Google more on Captain von Muller, thanks for the lead.

John