[Public-List] foredeck compression, (and bedding deck hardware)

mahseer at kos.net mahseer at kos.net
Wed Jan 19 14:00:26 PST 2011

One method told to me but not tried is to bevel the top of the hole add a
circle of 4200 or equivalent then loosely install, allow sealant to cure
then do a final tightening.  This appears to work by making an "O" ring
around the bolt by not fully tightening down, I would also not turn the
bolt but just the nylon nut to make sure the bond at the threads is not
broken.

John Boor
MAHSEER #380