[Public-List] Bluenose II rebuild

mahseer at kos.net mahseer at kos.net
Sat Jan 22 06:35:58 PST 2011

The only part that has to be replaced is the hull due to "hogging" the
stern is down 3ft.  The rest of the boat is being restored.  The funding
from what I have gathered is from the Federal, provincial, and local
governments the maritime museum and the 3 shipyards involved.

John Boor
MAHSEER #380

> Rod,
> Thanks for the link. At first I thought restoration...............but
wondered where the boat was, then looked again at the subject which
mentioned rebuild. So they are basically building a new boat?
> I hope they have a substantial trust fund established to maintain the
boat. Building the new boat is only the downpayment toward her lifetime
costs. smile
> Michael #133
have a couple of webcams set up inside the shelter in  Lunenberg  NS
http://www.novascotiawebcams.com/south-shore/bluenose-ii.html#axzz18l6SFjg7
Cheers,   Rod