[Public-List] Help water leak!

Ted Liszczak tedliszczak at metrocast.net
Sat Jul 2 10:24:14 PDT 2011

All,
I have owned A-345 for thirty years. When the boat was launched this
year, water accumulates in the bilge. So much that every three days it
comes up to the battery boxes. Prior to me owning the boat the boat
broke its mooring and the keel struck rocks and needed fiberglass repair
(1 square foot).  I have read the A-30 threads of water coming in from
the keel. The boat yard has looked at all through hull fittings, the
stuffing box and they wonder if water is getting in the cutlass bearing?
Has anyone had that much seepage from the cutlass bearing? I don't want
to replace everything, without a guarantee to fix the leak.
Sincerely,
Ted
A-345 Freedom