[Public-List] Fire and liners.

Stephen Gwyn gwyn at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Wed Jul 13 11:26:13 PDT 2011

Hi,

Halotron is only poisonous if it gets really hot.
On a kitchen fire it would be fine. Halon is illegal
in Canada except for the military. I had my old Halon
fire extinguisher confiscated, much to my annoyance.

But going back to the flakes in the liner. Has anybody
seen this before? The liner is not painted, these are flakes
in the fibreglass.

On a related note, what's the deal with these liners anyway?

How thick are they?

How well bonded to the hull and deck are they? In some place
the seem to be completely bonded, in others, no so much.

Do they add any strength to the boat? Put it another way,
how much can I remove without compromising the structural
integrity?

Stephen
#495 Quasar

Incidentally, I do *not* want a discussion of the relative
merits of liner vs. non-liner boats. It's been done.

  Stephen Gwyn                 |  Tel: 1-250-363-3136
  Dept. of Physics & Astronomy |  Fax: 1-250-363-0045
  Univ. of Victoria            |  Cell: 1-250-885-6969
  PO Box 3055                  |  E-mail: gwyn at uvastro.phys.uvic.ca
  Victoria, BC  V8W 3P6        |  http://orca.phys.uvic.ca/~gwyn