[Public-List] Hunting oil leak

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Sun Jul 17 09:34:44 PDT 2011

I'm aboard Surprise now... I found the oil sensor nut 'not tight'.   I snugged it up carefully

I looked at the new water pump again and made a discovery.   I had laid an old dish cloth under the area to catch any stuff I dropped; guess what? I had forgotten it there.    It was black and stiff with oil.

I've tightened the water pump bolts further, thoroughly cleaned the pan under the engine an am now test running it while watching for an oil leak

Here's hoping...

Gord #426 Surprise

Sent from my iPhone