[Public-List] atomic 4 freeze plug

mr smith jungsters3 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 24 11:20:09 PDT 2011

hello, my first atomic 4 & did not winterize enuff...popped a freeze plug(the big one) in the head...took it off & had it dusted for cracks, blasted, boiled & planed...bought new plugs & the head set from moyer marine...the guy(ken) workin parts said i should jb weld the replacement freeze plugs on the head...here's the question: does'nt jb weldin the freeze plug make it permanent ?...what else can i use besides jb weld as the permatex the napa guys sold me did'nt hold with whatever water hose pressure the marina has...thanx...mike