[Public-List] Advice on bring a lake kept Alberg 30' to the Bay area

Mike Lehman Sail_505 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 5 08:47:13 PDT 2011

Dave,

Micro CSC is probably the 'preferred' bottom paint for the bay. I have used
it for years and find that the boat only needs re-painting every other year.
Racing boats use hard bottom finishes like baltoplate, but they also clean
their bottoms weekly or just before a race.

As for the topsides, are you sure it is gelcoat or has the boat been
previously been painted dark blue? Something to ask the previous owner.
Compounding works to a degree and painting the hull is certainly a solution.
You may want to just start sailing and paint at a later date, when you
become more familiar with the boat.