[Public-List] Water pump One more thing

mahseer at kos.net mahseer at kos.net
Mon Jul 18 05:28:08 PDT 2011

To all and Gord

there was no oil leak until the raw water pump was installed so common
sense indicates the problem is at the pump not at the shaft seal.  The A4
accessary drive and water pump are oiled through oil being thrown up from
the crank shaft, if Gord did not remove the old gasget completely a good
oil seal may not happen.  Remove all the old gasget add some gasget maker
and re install.  Jim Davis is right about the bottom bolt replace with a
long bolt makes tightening a breeze.

John Boor
MAHSEER #380