[Public-List] bolt at top of mast

Tom S. tom.s at insightbb.com
Tue Jul 26 14:42:17 PDT 2011

Debra,

The bolt that holds the sheave as well as the side plates is 1/2 inch.
It also holds the side stays. So I do not believe this would be your
problem.

There are also two small plates (one in front and one behind) which
might be what has come loose. These are held in place with 4 small sheet
metal screws each and are  located above the sheave. You are probably
going to need to make an exploratory trip up the mast.

It sounds like you may have a worn sheave.

Are you running a wire or rope halyard?

-tom s