[Public-List] mast weight

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Thu Jul 28 10:40:47 PDT 2011

Hi Roger -

I've done this by hoisting one end up on a line... One guy on deck lifting
while the other is on the ground pushing up and walking down along the mast
as the head gets higher and out of reach.  We then fed the mast up over the
stern... It was a lot easier than we expected it to be.

Two guys is not a big strain... Three or four would be no strain at all.

Gord #426 Surprise