[Public-List] mast weight

crufone at comcast.net crufone at comcast.net
Thu Jul 28 10:46:39 PDT 2011

Roger,

I added supports to my trailer so that the mast and boom are carried along the side at waist height.

This has worked well for me. I add an extra tail light on the end of the mast wired into the trailer lights.  The mast is positioned back far enough so that it does not contact the tow vehicle while making turns. The mast extends perhaps ten feet beyond the trailer but only five or six feet beyond the boat hull at the stern end.  Two men can heft the mast onto these supports while standing on the ground............using three is easier. When you get to where you want to splash in you can easily heft the mast off the trailer unto saw horses to assemble prior to stepping.

Michael