[Public-List] Mast Rake

Jeffrey fongemie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 11:57:22 PDT 2011

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering about Mast rake on our boats. I've had a couple of
smaller boats and adding a bit of mast rake really helped point closer
to the wind. I have a hobie cat that has lots of mast rake, and a ton
of weather-helm...points good though.

In searching the archives I came a cross a couple of posts where it
was decided that the mast is best left in column.  I'm wondering why?
Anyone add some rake and like it??  I love the idea of pointing
higher, however I don't want to deal with much weather helm. We are
just cruisers.

-Jeff

--
Jeffrey Fongemie