[Public-List] Mast up! No halyards~!

Jeffrey fongemie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 05:52:49 PDT 2011

Good morning Gord.

I agree with your comment on the halyards and blocks. My experience is
with technical climbing, and the equipment is rated to exact standards
and I know the strength of everything. Some of these sailing blocks
are seemingly under built for human safety.

Question on this though:

"You'll probably have to drop the stick and rig the halyards horizontal.
That should only take a few minutes each way so is not really much more
bother than sending a man up."

Because of the yard being reluctant to send a man up on the crane? I
don't think they will have a problem with it. I've seen them hoist one
of the yard guys up in a chair before. The crane can list 12,000lb
boats all day. It's massive. Which is part of my wish to solve this
w/o the crane. Getting time under it is difficult with a busy spring
of boat launching.

-jeff

--
Jeffrey Fongemie