[Public-List] Looking for ideas to organize cockpit lockers

vmarmei vmarmei at axis-design.org
Mon Jun 20 14:54:35 PDT 2011

Hi Bill....

Just build 2-L shaped shelves 10/12 inches wide into your locker both
sides (Str & Prt side) from one bulkhead to the next....also make a
hanger for your lines on the front edge on your Stbrd locker....ideal
space there because your engine controls are at your right. There is
also room for 3 shelves if you want more room. You can but 3/8 inch
vertical plywood dividers in between your shelves to be more
organized and to be able to pick items out at will.
You also have to be VERY selective about what you store on your
shelves. Get rid of all surflous empty space and unused items (Big
pails,containers of old paint etc.etc.  Keep the weight of your items
down as the A-30 is heavy on the rear end....with water in the bow
tank it rides better.   In a boat SMALL is beautiful. If you do that
....Ye will be a Happy Alberger.
Good sailing
William A30-641

PS; The shelves have to have an 1-1/2 inch up ward edge to keep stuff
falling out on a heel and storm.