[Public-List] waterline height

Mike Lehman Sail_505 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 21 07:34:43 PDT 2011

Roger,

Sorry I was away for a few days. I just measured...

Bow to water - 42.5"
Stern to water - 28.5"
Mid-ship (Between the large ports) - 32"

I should point out that each boat will be a bit different depending on how
much gear is on board, type of engine and whether the water tank and fuel
tank are full. We have raised our waterline several times over the years
because the boat has become heavier which I think it due, in part, to water
in the hull itself. Our fuel and water tanks are always near full and we
carry the necessary cruising gear, but we only carry the main and a roller
furled jib, the only extra sail on board is a spinnaker. Our engine is a
Universal M4-30 diesel which weights about 50 lbs less than the Atomic 4. We
have her floating on her lines perfectly finally, but it did take
adjustments over the years. Hope this helps.