[Public-List] Fuel Guage after-the-fact

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 27 12:22:52 PDT 2011

Ed

You probably won't like this answer, and the others even less as it

On Isa Lei, I had fuel gauges, but when they started acting up I simply plugged the holes and started keeping an engine log.  Every time I refuel I enter the engine hours and gallons.  I also enter all filter and fluid changes.  I know my consumption rate so it is easy for me to know my remaining engine range and when to refuel.

Some people don't like this method since there is some responsibility (making entries in the log) and thinking (how much fuel is left in the tank)

Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei

"Coffee tastes better if the latrines are dug downstream from the encampment."
US Army Field Regulations - 1861