[Public-List] Fuel Guage after-the-fact

Robert Kirk isobar at verizon.net
Mon Jun 27 14:55:46 PDT 2011

Does your boat have the luxury of a (pretty) vertical deck fill? Isobar has
an elegant fuel gage: a length of dowel calibrated with marks at 1/4, 1/2,
3/4, and full. Works great. Think dipstick.

When I first flew a Piper Cub, that fuel gage was similar. The fuel tank
was directly in front of the cockpit and a thin vertical rod, mounted on a
floating cork in the tank, stuck up in front of you. Elegant and simple;
Never tried it in a loop or flying inverted, though.

Bob Kirk
Isobar #181