[Public-List] pete- selling Alberg

Matthew Hay mattrhay at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 07:36:14 PST 2011

Hi Pete,
I sold my Alberg for $6500.00 it sounds to be about the same shape as
yours.  I had a nice new diesel and I nice new awlgrip paint on the hull.
The decks were in pretty good shape and freshly painted.   there was no
roller furling and there was some delimitation on the starboard bulkhead and
the interior benches/drawers etc.needed carpentry and the interior needed
painting, through hulls etc. etc.  It sounds like your heart is in the right
place.  I wanted to get enough money to get me started towards a new boat.
(I eventually bought a 1976 Sabre 28)  But I also wanted the boat to go to a
person that would finish the work and do a great job at finishing the
restoration and that person most likely was not going to spend too much on
the actual boat if they had to put restoration money into it.  So the price
was a win win the guy in Boston who bought her had already restored a
flicka, and a golden hind and was more then proper to finish the job and I
am happy knowing the boat is in capable hands and will thrive for another 40
years.  I do not know how she would have been treated if she had been
donated to a summer camp or something??  So I would recommend a low price to
the right person will make you as the seller feel good about the transaction
on behalf of the boat and a new owner will bring new life to your great
boat.
Best,
Matt
formerly 314 Renard 1968
now a un-named crazy little Sabre 28 (with all the trimmings and more)