[Public-List] removing bottom paint

Roger L. Kingsland r.kingsland at ksba.com
Mon Mar 14 12:19:08 PDT 2011

Hi All,

PO said (which I will confirm) a “bottom job” was done to good old #148
which I assume means going down to FG and resealing the hull.  Problem is
several coats of bottom paint later there is a lot of pealing and rough
spots.

And thoughts on getting large sections (perhaps all) of the bottom paint
off?  If paint remover, what type and how many coats are typical.  Has
anyone used the applied sheets of paint remover?  Has anyone tried soda
blasting, which I understand is more gentle than sand blasting?

Any suggestions most appreciated?

Roger 148

N 40° 27.8344'  W79° 57.9831'