[Public-List] Bent Rudder

Michael Grosh dickdurk at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 06:26:51 PDT 2011

I have #220, so our boats are in the same age/production neighborhood.
the leading edge of the rudder is a 1" bronze shaft, in two pieces. the top
piece becomes the rudder post. I am thinking your problem is not there,
otherwise the tiller would not swing free. the bottom piece is about 12"
long and is what the bottom shoe is pinned to. I am thinking that piece
could be trued up by rebedding in fiberglass. It has two long bolts running
through the length of the rudder.
It is difficult for me to imagine forces that could warp the rudder itself
without shattering it, but crazy things happen all the time.

Good luck
Michael