[Public-List] removing bottom paint

J B Knapp jbknapp at yancyd.com
Mon Mar 14 12:30:06 PDT 2011

Roger:

I have not done the soda blasting, but several people at my club have
with superior results. They said that all the old paint came off to the
original gelcoat and that all they had to do was apply the new bottom
paint. One even had his entire boat soda blasted and repainted the
topsides as well.

I am considering it for my Victoria 18 and would consider it for the A30
as well, if it is practical due to locations and size.

Bart Knapp
Hull #388