[Public-List] painting prop

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 16 12:11:20 PDT 2011

Gordon

I've had reasonable success using the Pettit underwater spray paint 1792 or transducer paint 1793 - same thing, different label.  It is a zinc paint that if you wet sand the prop and scrub with acetone sticks.  The prop will eventually get some barnacle growth, but not bad.   At my next haul I'm going to try cheap cold galvanizing spray paint from the hardware store.

Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei
CT 35

Although a soldier by profession, I have never felt any sort of fondness for war, and I have never advocated it, except as a means of peace.
Ulysses S. Grant