[Public-List] Preferred Chesapeake Bay Bottom Paint

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Mon Mar 21 08:33:19 PDT 2011

On 3/21/11 11:09 AM, Glennb wrote:
> George,
>
> I used Petit Trinidad for the first time last summer.  what is your
> experience with it, versusMicron?

Trinidad is an excellent hard paint, with lots of copper.  When kept wet
after application, it worked very well.  If allowed to dry out, the
surface copper oxidizes and doesn't work as well, I'm told.

My big complaint with Trinidad is that it needs removing.  I put it off
a long time, but eventually got small blisters between the paint and
gelcoat, resulting in a pock-marked surface.  Then I had to take it down
to the gelcoat and start over.  After doing that, I started over with an
ablative.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org