[Public-List] Primer?

pat nolan pnolan33 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 01:07:02 PST 2011

I owned a 47 foot wood boat for 9 years . A friends bro was a paint chemist , so we asked him to compare porch and deck paint with expensive yacht paint , turns out they were identical in everything but price . I painted one side of the topsides with expensive yacht paint and the other side with paint from a big " big box " store . 30 bucks vs 90 bucks . the boat is now in Mexico wearing the same paint .  5 years in Alaska ,4 south of the border. Prep work is king . pat sv Arcos