[Public-List] The Commute

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Mon May 2 08:59:44 PDT 2011

The Commute is back for its third year.  As before it will begin on Monday from the Memorial Day cruise and proceed to Solomons and on to the District.  Unfortunately the Capital Yacht Club is having their Patriot's Picnic in mid May so we won't be able to participate.

For those who used to (dirty word for occupation) in the District, this commute is at a leisurely 5 knots and does not use US50 or the Beltway.  It actually takes five days and is almost 200 miles one way.

Plan on joining us for the trip and enjoy traveling the Potomac and seeing Mount Vernon and the Nations Capital from the water.

Please contact me directly at a30240 at earthlink.net for more information.  Also if you are considering joining us let know, I need this information for marina reservations and final plans/coordination.

Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei

"Coffee tastes better if the latrines are dug downstream from the encampment."
US Army Field Regulations - 1861

5/30  Mon    Solomons (vic Holiday Inn)

31      Tue    Coan River

6/1     Wed   Colonial Beach  (marina)

2        Thu    Mattawomann Ck

3         Fri     DC

4        Sat    DC

5        Sun   DC

6        Mon   Port Tobacco River

7       Tue   Cobb Island

8       Wed  St Clements  (Frank Morris Restaurant)

9       Thu   Smith/Jutland

10     Fri    Solomons

11     Sat   Home