[Public-List] Pre-liner water tank cover leaking

Jeffrey fongemie at gmail.com
Tue May 3 08:01:06 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

Seagrass is a pre-liner boat, and I'm using the original water tank in
the port side v-berth. The tank is built in to the hull and has a
simple 5 inch hole in the top where a bronze cover is screwed into the
top of the tank. Trouble is, small screws into the thin fiberglass top
of the tank hold poorly, and we keep getting leaks. If we fill the
tank from the outside deck fill we need to be careful to fill the tank
no more than 3/4 full or it leaks. I've taken the cover off, cleaned
both surfaces, re-gooped with 4200 and reattached the screws and we
still get leaks. The screws just don't hold well.  Note that the cover
includes the fill pipe, and fittings that lead to the sink.

Anyone else go through this? have a fix?

-jeff

Jeff Fongemie
#116 Seagrass

http://picasaweb.google.com/fongemie