[Public-List] Is your bottom dirty?

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Thu May 5 11:03:16 PDT 2011

Remember EPA had listening sessions earlier this year to get our input.  They said they planned to use common sense and develop "Best Management Practices" that wouldn't be too onerous or expensive.  They referenced several state guides as examples.  If the left coast goes copper free what will that do to the rest of us?

Washington state has banned copper paint and rumor has it California is soon to follow. I'm wondering how EPA is going to factor this into its new Clean Boating Act regulations and hopefully the paint industry can come up with a substitute. Of course this will help expand the industry of stripping our bottoms at our expense. Of course everybody knows we are all wealthy and enjoy giving our money away.

http://www.washingtonvotes.org/2011-SB-5436

Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei

"Coffee tastes better if the latrines are dug downstream from the encampment."
US Army Field Regulations - 1861