[Public-List] questions about bronze fasteners

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Tue May 10 06:01:28 PDT 2011

Hello friends - I just realized I made a number of grammatical errors in my
tirade below that make my meaning tough to determine.  If anybody is
interested in what I was trying to say, the version below may be clearer....

Sorry.

Gord

On 10/05/11 8:54 AM, "Gordon Laco" <mainstay at csolve.net> wrote:

> This is an interesting topic.
>
> Stainless steel is not particularly 'strong'.... But due to it's appearance
> and longevity in rigging, it is now used almost exclusively.   Most sailors
> today can't believe that galvanized steel rigging is considerably more
> suitable for rigging than SS.  This is because SS is so brittle and prone to
> metal fatigue in comparisine to galvanized steel or iron...  In particular
matrix's (ie 7x7) galvanized steel or iron rigging is considerably stronger per