[Public-List] questions about bronze fasteners

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Tue May 10 07:14:05 PDT 2011

Once upon a time high strength bronze wire rigging was available... But
although I have looked fairly diligently for it, I can't find anything
around but stray coils left over from the old days.    One of the reasons it
disappeared from yachting is that it stained sails and clothing when the
inevitable verdigris developed and things rubbed on it...

Gord #426 Surprise