[Public-List] Main sheave update

brooks.glenn at comcast.net brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Sat May 14 09:36:05 PDT 2011

Hello Brennan,

I had the same problem, as others have suggested, better to pull the mast and give everything a good look. I was able to remove the bolt and aluminum sleeve by soaking the assembly with penetrating oil off and on for a couple of days, and heating the bolt with a torch couple of times. If you spray penetrating oil into the heated assembly, it cools the metal rapidly and often will break loose enough corrosion to drive the bolt out Also the heat will draw oil down into the corroded surface between the bolt and sleeve, helping to free it up and slide everything out.

Glenn
Dolce 319