[Public-List] Main sheave update

Michael Grosh dickdurk at gmail.com
Mon May 16 00:28:26 PDT 2011

I'm having difficulty imagining beating on things with a drift pin, hanging
from a bosun's chair, overhead. Besides that, beating on a SS bolt through
the soft aluminum side of the mast will require careful examination
afterwards-maybe even using dye.
I think it is time to cut to the chase and pull the mast.

MichaelGrosh
On May 15, 2011 7:03 PM, <crufone at comcast.net> wrote:

> If you are brave enough................you can attempt to use the same
process Glenn Brooks has suggested while up on top of the mast. This will be
a bit tricky. You might like to arrange a catch bag for the bolt after you
drive it out with a drift punch, unless you happen to have three or four
hands. Tape the sheeve to the mast or you might just lose that as well.

> BTW when was the last time you had the mast down?  The rig should be
carefully inspected at least once a year.  To do this properly the mast
should be down with all tension off the shrouds.