[Public-List] 11/2 Dismal Swamp Visitor's Center

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 2 16:39:11 PDT 2011

We left Onancock 10/30 for Portsmouth.  Other than dealing with water contaminated fuel, had to bleed the filter a half dozen times, it was an uneventful trip.  We were able to tie up free (no electricity or water but OK). The next day I opened the clean out plate and siphoned a half gallon of water.  This probably came at a prior refueling and the rolling stirred it up and clogged the filters.  We spent the rest of the day sightseeing and dinner with close friends.

This morning we got under way for the Dismal Swamp Canal and are now tied up to the nation's only state visitor's center that serves both a roadway and a waterway.  There are 10 boats here this evening.  Tomorrow we will head for Elizabeth City, NC.

Jim Davis
Privateer Isa Lei
CT35

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
George S. Patton