[Public-List] refit

Richard Mair ramair49 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 17:27:54 PST 2011

The next addition to our refit blog is up. took a while as we spent part of
this summer sailing as well as working in the main cabin..
  A few figures on the electric..1000 watts will keep us going at 3.5 - 3.8
knots.  3000 watts gives us 4.8 knots..
We have 9600 watts of storage but as this is lead acid AGM we plan to use
them to 50% before recharge.. now running a 3 blade 13*12.Prop
The system will handle 4800 watts continuous and 6200 for short bursts of
about 15 minutes at which point it will drop back to 4800.Going from
forward to reverse and maneuvering around docks is now without the stress
of waiting for the old one lunger to spool up.
. We start generating power at about 4 knots and at 5 knots we have enough
to cover house loads.
  On the one day we got to test it in light wind we dialed in 50 watts and
bumped speed from 1.8 to 3.2 knots with our 150. Halifax harbour this year
was good for 12 - 15 knots most afternoons.
Willing to answer any question I can..
Richard and Margaret
Into The Blue