[Public-List] Where to run wires from the mast into the boat

John Riley jriley at dsbscience.com
Tue Nov 1 05:37:07 PDT 2011

ALL fittings or screws that pass through a cored surface should be
drilled oversize, the hole filled with thickened epoxy, then proper size
holes drilled in the epoxy "plug."  This is modern construction
practice.  If the fitting leaks, it leaks INTO the boat, but not
sideways into the coring.

Also, as mentioned, chamfering or beveling the edge of the hole before
bedding helps TREMENDOUSLY, so make sure to do that around any screw
holes as well before bedding.

--
John S. Riley
S/V Gaelic Sea