[Public-List] Deck Drains on Liner Boat

pat nolan pnolan33 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 00:33:58 PDT 2011

When I put a new engine in number 414 , the deck and cockpit drains were in the way of the new exhaust . A bit of study showed that the whole thing had been poorly thought out  and even more poorly executed , lines that could'nt drain ,  excessive pieces of bronze fittings, and 4 feet of hose that sagged and gathered dirt . I took out a few pounds of pipe and ran the cockpit drains direct . I took an appropiate sized piece of hose and put it on the deck drain and bent it to the hull in as sharp of a bend as could be made, without kinking the hose , marked it and installed new thru hulls about 8" above the water line. Cost was minimal as compared to thinking about all those fittings below the water line.   Always simplify, les' pahts, m'o betta'!