[Public-List] On Lake St. Clair

Roger L. Kingsland r.kingsland at ksba.com
Fri Oct 21 12:33:20 PDT 2011

Also RE full disclosure; since I haven't installed the toe rails yet, I am
experimenting with "cheater" sheets, a second set of sheets running to the
mid ships stanchion bases that I use to adjust the genoa clue up and down.
Rather than just run the primary sheets (to the stanchion bases just forward
of the winch), I ran both and somehow managed to wrap one of the cheater
sheets around the main and forward baby stays on both sides (I am going to
think twice before putting a figure 8 in the bitter ends again).  Between
sorting that out, changing sails and docking, I didn't get much chance to
enjoy the short ride.  I do have to say though, just the feel of the boat
moving through the water, in all winds, is quite satisfying.

Guess we all fall into the "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger"
category.

Roger 148