[Public-List] Conversion of water tank to holding tank

Meinhold, Michael J. MICHAEL.J.MEINHOLD at saic.com
Tue Oct 25 12:34:17 PDT 2011

I had a Chesapeake-legal working jib made and it can only be sheeted close-hauled properly from the inside track.
It has  high clew and the clew is forward of the mast.

While I have not done rigorous measurements of tacking angles, I believe it is the best upwind head sail for single-handing in 18 kts or higher. It gives me better speed made good upwind than my 175% #1
I don't currently have #2, so I use the working jib in 15 or higher single-handing.
If you have some crew to sit on the weather rail you can move these numbers up of course.

Mike