[Public-List] Question about instability caused by tank location.

Jay Davenport jay at saildriver.com
Mon Oct 24 06:15:18 PDT 2011

I replaced the original under-cockpit tank with two custom built 17 gallon outboard tanks, one port & one starboard. The fill pipe on the starboard side was spec'd to line up with the original fill hole in the deck. I've had no problems with trim. The tanks are mounted further forward than the original single tank. Normally I only use the starboard tank, but the port tank comes into play when I am on longer trips. My boat is docked on the Eastern Shore of the southern Chesapeake, where fueling facilities are scarce.

Jay Davenport
Revolution, A30 # 526