[Public-List] A4 Muffler and Connection

Peter Amos p.a.amos at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 27 11:00:18 PDT 2011

Have you considered building an exhaust system from galvanized pipe or better from black iron.I had a bronze muffler on #478.It leaked and was incredibly heavy on the manifold.I created a system from pipe fittings that worked perfectly for 10 years and when it expired replaced it with black iron fittings.Compared with the cost of a bronze muffler it was very cheap and much much lighter.Noise was never an issue.
Pete ex Tait Tait #478

PS we must have met somewhere in the past,I have your name and phone number in my address book.It must have been years ago I cant remember when and where.