[Public-List] (no subject)

Manza, John CIV OSD POLICY John.Manza at osd.mil
Tue Sep 6 09:56:21 PDT 2011

I have been off the mailing list for several years, but I have continued to work on JANTE II throughout.  So far, I have painted the entire boat...first the hull below the water line, then the hull above the water line...the decks...and finally the interior.  I scrapped the inboard and installed a Nissan 9.9 four stroke outboard in a well formed from the aft locker.  I'm extremely happy with the outboard configuration.  I have the engine controls in the cockpit as I did with the old inboard, fuel efficiency is incredible, speed/power are about the same, and since I can steer the engine, my maneuverability is much improved (See the attached photos).  I'm still sailing on Lake St. Clair outside Detroit and this summer's big trip was to the Georgian Bay on Lake Huron.