[Public-List] (no subject)

Manza, John CIV OSD POLICY John.Manza at osd.mil
Tue Sep 6 10:29:38 PDT 2011

John,

Send me your email address and I will take some photos this weekend to send your way.  I did have the outboard off the transom for one year as a temporary fix...that was a pain and it was ugly.  With the well set-up, I pull the outboard and lay it down in the well during the weekdays, when I am not sailing.  Many people told me that there would be trouble with the engine getting sufficient air...but I have not experienced that.  These new four stroke engines don't put out much exhaust and I have never had it starved for oxygen.  I am going to keep this configuration for a few more years, then I am going to replace the Nissan with a Torqeedo electric outboard which will fit right into the current spot.  John