[Public-List] Launching 148 Bravo!

crufone at comcast.net crufone at comcast.net
Thu Sep 8 07:51:28 PDT 2011

Roger,

I am concerned that your use of vise grips might have marred the soft drive shaft. If the marring is anywhere near where the packing will eventually ride it will ruin the new packing or any packing (presto fast). A clamp as Rick uses is unlikely to mar the shaft. All fasteners on the drive shaft coupling gear should be safety wired.............do not even trust lock washers or even Nyloc nuts. Use either castellated nuts with cotter pins or drilled nuts with safety wire.................are you listening Joe Traub? Hee,hee.

BTW, I am delighted for you that you are now in the on-the-water phase of the next chapter of PERFECT Intentions future. It is a very sup erb refit which PERFECT has received.  Bravo!!!  I do believe that Intentions and Intension BOTH apply to you and the boat in your case. ;-)

Michael #133