[Public-List] Mast Rigging

John Riley jriley at dsbscience.com
Mon Sep 12 08:55:42 PDT 2011

mahseer at kos.net wrote:

> Because of the jumper struts between each sets of spreaders stoting on the
> boat is not practical.  This is not possible if you have a canvas cover.
>
> John Boor
> MAHSEER #380

I guess I was thinking that on some blocks under the boat/next to the
boat as an option as well...not just on deck under a tarp.  Or, how
about OVER the canvas cover in some fashion.

I'm just wondering...never been in a marina/club where mast storage was
a limiting factor on space; everywhere I've been, the masts were either
up or stored with the boats.  One boat yard here has a rack for masts in
the back of the yard, but there's only one mast on it.

I remain, as usual, interested in the ways different
boaters/yards/marinas/clubs solve what is a relatively small set of
problems.

--
John S. Riley
S/V Gaelic Sea