[Public-List] Mike Lehman - Fuel tanks Info and Group order?

crufone at comcast.net crufone at comcast.net
Thu Sep 22 06:57:09 PDT 2011

Hello all,

I have been investigating the purchase of two saddle tanks for #133 and have discovered that Tempo is no longer in business even though their Web site is still up. Moeller has taken over the production of what is still called Tempo tanks. The Tempo Brand name is only still used for portable above deck tanks. All the plastic below deck tanks are now mfg. under the  Moeller name only.

The tanks I am looking at are the Moeller#032718 for Starboard and the #032618 for the Port side. The best price I have found is from Defender @ $182.99 but they only list the Starboard side tank. Overton's has the Port tank @ $199.99.

I wonder if we could put together a group order, drop shipped from Moeller, and save some funds for each of us. Mike is correct the dimensions for the 18 gallon tanks are 39" long 8.25" wide at the top and 17.75" high. I need to measure my non-liner boat to see if they will fit through the seat lockers. Anyone can down load the mfg. drawings for Moeller tanks from their web site.

Pam Bryant was my contact @ Moeller 1.931.738.8090 ext.329 or pbryant at moellermarine.com

So are there any of us interested in a group purchase? I could contact the Mfg. directly to see what they might do for us.

Michael #133