[Public-List] Michael - ] Fuel Tanks- Return Line

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Sep 26 08:09:26 PDT 2011

For what it's worth, when I installed a Tempo tank in SURPRISE's port
locker, I coped with the close clearance with the underside of the deck by
connecting the vent and fuel lines before tipping the tank up into place.  I
reckoned a bit of slack in the lines was a good thing for safety in case the
tank ever moved.   To install the filler, I pre-cut the very short armoured
hose from above by pressing it down through the hole I'd cut in the deck for
the filler cap fitting.  I then fitted the clamps - that was not easy but I
did it.  Because I couldn't see what I was doing it was all by feel...to
make sure I had a good connection I pushed my digital camera up in there and
took pictures blindly till I got good views of my work.

I then made a sort of cage bracket with aluminum flat bar and a crank-up
nylon webbing kit intended to secure loads to cars and trucks.  The tank is
solidly immoveable and the installation got a grunt of approval from the
surveyor when I had to have that examination done last year for insurance
purposes.

Sorry I don't have any pictures from that job on hand.

Gord #426 Surprise