[Public-List] Question about toe rail on old model of Alberg 30

Michael Grosh dickdurk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 19:17:21 PDT 2011

It seems the original toerail on Checkmate (nonliner boat) was not teak.
After 40 years (and replacing several shorter sections) the wood (Irocco?)
Had rotted so badly no seal was left and water leaked badly into the
pulldowns.
Anyway, my woodworking skills being pretty much limited to destroying things
I removed the toerail and plugged the original bolt holes three years ago.
New toerail installed professionally-$6500.00
A lot of that price was spent on the lazzerette section. Worth it to me, but
it's tough realizing that was half the cost of the entire boat in 1967.

MichaelGrosh